Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Limp-a-long

So it is now 12 weeks from my achilles surgery and I have been in my 2 inch heeled shoes for a month.  I got the go ahead from my doctor to move into my next pair of shoes that give me an inch lift.  I have been experiencing some random pain on the out ankle bone of my foot and today the Dr really pissed it off in such a way it took my breath away.  Come to find out I have some Sural Nerve damage from the surgery that hopefully will heal an inch per month.  Not really sure how long that is but it's not fun when it happens.  I get the pain randomly when I walk and hopefully it improves before my next visit and not get any worse.  Usually damage to this nerve causes numbness in the lower foot and toes but I don't have that problem just the sharp pain.  So the dr thinks it is healing and will only continue to improve, yeah as long as he doesnt make it angry anymore.  Anyways, on to my next stage which also means more walking and stationary bike work.  Luckily my new kicks are a Nike casual shoe with a heel lift and I can do away with the Grandpa shoes I've been sporting. 

I have included a picture below of where the nerve is that is now trying to slow my healing, this is not my foot.  As well as a picture of my new shoes. 

Limp-A-Long.....one step at a time



No comments:

Post a Comment