Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cast-A-Way

So it's been 8 weeks since my surgery and 2 casts and tonight I am cast free.  Not that I am feeling all that good about it at the moment but I am sure I will get there.  I mean did I truly expect to have a cast removed from my ankle and be able to move right my into a shoe and start walking.......I like to think I'm good, but not superhuman.  So if you took a moment to see the pics you saw that due to the blistering and rash combination my ankle has some lovely scabbing going on.  I soaked it for a good 20 minutes tonight and it already looks and feels better.  Needless to say I am back to being on crutches until I build up enough strength and mobility to walk, I'm pushing for the weekend, hopefully sooner than later.  There is still some swelling and obviously a lot of stiffness.  So trying on my high heeled shoes will wait until tomorrow, the foot needs some air time.  It's funny, after the nurse removed the cast she asked numerous times if I was in pain or had been in pain due to how it looked and I kept saying no.  I've been walking on this cast my foot feels much better than it looks.  I have since had some minor discomfort really due to it being free to move for the first time in 61 days.  Tomorrow is a new day and may the healing continue. 

Castaway

No comments:

Post a Comment