Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My new cast

One month down and another one to go.  I was a little paranoid today going to the doctor because I had developed an infection in my mouth due to grinding my teeth at night.  The dentist said this was from the trauma my body was going through and clinching my teeth in my sleep.  So I started taking Penicillin for the infection.  Well come Sunday after being out on the deck in the sun for a bit I started to get a rash on my rt knee.  I stopped taking the meds and started Benadryl to help with the reaction.  In the meantime I just knew the rash spread down inside my cast.  Needless to say when they took off the cast today my leg had the rash all over it.  My doctor comes in and takes a look, owe your foot looks great.  The rash will be fine, lets get this next cast on you.  Ummm.....really?  My foot looked in bad shaped to me, there was some blistering that had occurred around the incisions they made.  He was like oh this, lets clean it up.  He's handling my foot like nothing was wrong and I was laying there scared to even touch it.  As you can imagine his demeanor put me at ease and made me feel much better about my progress. 

So they proceed to put my new cast on me and I have attached a couple of new pics so you can see them as well.  This cast will allow me to be partial weight bearing on it.  Meaning I can stand on it and walk around on it but if I am going to be up and about I will still use the crutches to assist me at times.  I have yet to really test this out as I think it will take some getting use to feeling comfortable enough to stand on it again.  That's okay, I have a month to break it in and no where to go. 

"Nature performs the cure, the physician takes the fee."   Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how active you are and how tough this must be for you. Big hugs to you! Let me know if I can help with anything.

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete