Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow up Appt

So I had a pretty good week in learning more about how well I can move around in my cast.  I wouldn't really say that I have pain anymore but more of a tingling sensation every now and then that just feels odd.  Hopefully it's a sign of healing.  I will say that the main source of pain I have now is trying to extend the amount of time I can be up and about on my crutches.  It seems I can only manage about 15 minutes on my left foot and leg before they begin to cramp and burn in a way that says get off your only good foot now before I make you collapse.  Needless to say my left leg is getting stronger while the right is growing weaker.  I'm sure it will make for all kinds of a fund rehab. 

So I went to the Dr office yesterday to have them hear me say I am in little to no pain and it's been this way for almost a week now.  They looked at the cast and my foot and said this is great news we will see you the end of the month.  Hmm.....not what I expected, I could've just called and told them that instead of making the trip and being there all of 10 minutes so I then made them earn the co-pay.  I had been experiencing some pressure on my upper shin from the cast pressing up against it when I have my foot resting on the floor so they sawed some of the top of to relieve the pressure.  Problem with this is the lady wound up cutting a little too deep and now I have some discomfort in my shin, lucky me.  I guess if that's the worst of it at this point then I should be happy.  I won't dwell on the fact that it comes off in 16 days and then I will get some sort of partial weight bearing walking boot of a cast.  So for now I heal away and be more and more thankful for March Madness. 

My 6 yr old daughter did some decorating of my cast today which is good and cute.  She wrote her our names and then she drew a soccer field with a net.  I think she is planning to draw her and playing soccer on it the grass tomorrow.  I think we will go see Lorax tomorrow and see how I do being out of the house and in a theater for 2 hrs. 

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment