Sunday, March 4, 2012

So it's Sunday night and I made it through the weekend without using my pain medication and have only had some minimal pain to deal with.  I used Ibuprofen to help keep the swelling down but other than that things seems to be progressing very well.  I have found though that if I stay on my crutches and on my left leg for more than say 10 minutes at a time my left foot begins to cramp and feel like it's on fire from the stress of balancing and my weight.  Needless to say I think I need to head back home for a good pair of shoes to help in that area.  So tomorrow my dad and I will be heading back to my place for my mail, shoes and check on my place.  I should be good to work a full day tomorrow and not be horizontal to do it.  I have found my foot to be pain free while sitting in a chair and leaving my leg extended so some good small steps are being made.  I find that at some point in the evening I have thoughts about how much longer I will have a cast on my foot and well, it sucks.  So I try to get rid of those thoughts quickly and focus on one day at a time to maintain my healing and understand what my body can take at this point so that maybe I can be back on my own sooner than later.  The only then real problem being, how will I get around if I can't drive with a cast on my foot.  Oh well, jump over that hurdle when I get there. 

Thanks for reading

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment