Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Injury and Surgery

This is my first ever blog and I thought I would create one to help in my recovery to building up my achilles after it ruptured a week ago tonight on 2/23.  I was playing soccer on my co-ed soccer team up at Magnusson Park on LK Washington.  It was a simple game and I was about to make a run for a ball when it popped and well it felt like someone whacked me on the back of my foot with a baseball bat.  I thought I had been kicked only no one was around me so needless to say I become rather paranoid and worried as I fell to the turf.  My whole foot was numb and felt like it had fallen asleep as I could not move it on it's own once I got to the sidelines.  Good friends of mine drive me to my dads who then took me to Highline Hospital where they put a splint on me and thought is was a rupture and to see an Orthopedic Surgeon the next day.  I was able to get into to see one on that Fri and he confirmed that it was ruptured and surgery would be needed.  I had the surgery on Tue 2/28 and it was a success.  I am now in a non weight bearing cast and experience most pain when I get up to go to the bathroom.  I am horizontal all day long and trying keeping my leg elevated.  I am in good spirits at this time and hoping to stay that way but it may be a struggle the longer I have to remain horizontal like this.  I will be scheduling my follow up appt tomorrow and will maintain as is for now.  I am still taking the pain meds and plan to start decreasing them over the weekend.  I have to say the pain I feel when I sit up right and lower my leg towards the floor is pretty remarkable, it definitely takes my breath away.  If you have found my blog I hope you enjoy the reading and please feel free to ask questions or provide feedback.  Happy reading and see you soon. 

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment