Monday, March 19, 2012

One more week

I had commented to family and friends recently about the fact I had yet to have an incident with my crutches.  So what happens tonight, yup, nice little moment with the 3 steps from the dining room to the living room at my dads place tonight.  Manage to catch myself from true injury but tweaked my knee pretty bad and stood on the toes sticking out of this cast and my big toe is screaming at me right now.  No other pain so I guess I am all good and hopefully didn't screw up my recovery.  I will be getting my new walking cast next week with a raised heal.  Which means I will need to get shoes with a raised heal for my good foot as well.  Seems they are not common for males so this could be rough unless I just buy some heal insoles.  I have not had any issues with itching so this makes me happy and really all I feel a tingling sensation pretty frequently around my heal and achilles area which is a sign of healing so this is good even though it definitely an odd feeling.  So more to come in a week with new photos and how much longer I will have a cast and be unable to drive, probably another good 4 weeks. 

"A patient cured, is a customer lost" Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment